Yes, i agree. Gemini's quality is far from good.
But this digital recorder they launched is quite the only one small, afordable and simple enough to carry around. To record live sets, for instance. Gemini has a history here in Brazil. For a long time, gemini mixers were the only ones we had here. Some old time djs are still using gemini mixers cause they got so used to them they prefer not to get around with better equipment. Well, my first mixer was a gemini too. The sound was lame, the faders were heavy like parking breaks. But, it was tough. And still works. Rough. :-D The advantage of a long time mixing with crap mixers is that you experience some peace of cake time mixing with better ones. It was so simple for an iPod record line in sound in mp3 format. I guess it's just not the market for the product. I could choose the gemini recorder. But would have to try first.

Kw