I posted this device to 313techknow a few weeks ago. here's the link
http://www.monome.org/ The thing I find interesting about this pad is that it
has two way communication. You can press the buttons to trigger music events
and you can also program it so music events trigger the lights on the buttons.
So there's another level of feedback which I find interesting but not sure if
its useful enough for the high price tag. I would probably go with the
Faderfox 2.0 if I were to buy a new controller.