Hey list,

how's it goin? So I put together my first all digital dj mix in
Ableton. It turned out pretty well, although I found it to be a
different experience than spontaneously mixing vinyl for a couple of
hours. The main difference being that it took forever, at least
compared to knocking out an hour dj mix with turntables/mixer/records.
Another difference was the editing: I found that when I revisited the
mix the next day, maybe my mood had changed and I would  remove a
song, rearrange, try some other tune, etc. Typically when I mix
records, it's all about what happens at that moment, not thinking
about things too much, just grab records, put them together however
you see fit, and go with it. Perhaps I will experience more of that
down the road after I get a little faster with Ableton.

Anyway, check it out if you're interested, would love any feedback you
may have too of course!

http://www.abrooklynlife.com/2006/07/ablradio_libert.html#more

The entire tracklist is on the page above with link to download mp3 or
subscribe to the weekly podcast (although not every week is Detroit
related).

Mix includes songs by: Raiders of the Lost Arp, $tinkworx, Unit 4, Joe
Lewis, Gino Soccio, Mr. Fingers, Phuture, DJ Yoav B, David Bowie, and
a handful more.

Enjoy!

Adam