A different experience than spontaneously mixing vinyl for
a couple of hours. The main difference being that it took forever,...

Yeah right: same for me... Ableton gives me so much (too much?)
opportunity that everytime I start mixing with it, I found something
new I could do, so I stop mixing and start sampling, ecc ecc...
After 3 hours, I haven't mix anything so I say to myself: this
would be useful for the next mix... The problem's that the "mix"
never comes :-/
Probably I'm still in a baby-staring-at-candies mood: I want to
eat the whole thang... Hopefully, I'll grow and make some
choices about what I *really* like to do with Live.

That hasn't gone away yet after using Live for 18 months. Though it sometimes does briefly to get properly stuck into mixing. It's rediculously easy to get into just doing little things for ours though and not get into that mix you want to do :)

I find that having my controller setup and everything next to my turntables and using it all the time really helps too (not that I have that at the moment due to a broken audio mixer).

I know it's really old-fashion, but I still have problems not
using records... cds and file names looks exactly all the same,
without covers or colors or anything that helps me, and I'm still
desperatly trying to organize the in categories, bpms, ecc... But when I look at them, they don't tell me anything.

I think I have enough organisation done to work out where everything is but I don't know anyone who uses the software that doesn't think like the above, myself included :)

robin...