Without a direct quote or some explanation of what he means by that or why
I wouldn't write him off.
It could mean just as Matt says below - but damn, that's a loaded
statement.  I hope there comes some explanation soonish.
Eamonn - did he ever explain that statement to you?

Well.. I was just asking him what kind of stuff he was DJing these days.. he said he hated blues notes in music.. and black vocals... but that he used to like otis redding. He pretty much dismissed 90's techno and seemed pretty much unaware of anything that had come out of detroit since 1990. He said it was just his preference now, that he didn't like or play black music.. not in any way racist [didn't come across like that anyway].. just seemed like a ridiculous categorization to me! It's about as ludicrous as that stupid MOBO thing [music of black origin awards].. I mean, where the hell do you draw the line ? Irish traditional Music [which has it's roots in Egyptian and Eastern European Music] influenced american country music, which among others influenced Stevie Wonder..... etc etc etc
Robotnik's a VERY nice guy by the way !
Eamonn