Yeah yeah I know we should talk about somat else, like is
Fedde Le Grand the new Richie, trading on the Detroit name
("Put your hands up for Detroit, I love this city").

I hadn't heard of that, or heard it, or heard of him. I assume it's the same
sample that Matthew Dear used on the first Ghostly record?
http://www.discogs.com/release/106063  And isn't it, "a lovely city"?
Anyway... I guess that could maybe further the 'trading on the Detroit name'
claim a bit.

Haha yeah it's that sample, didn't know that track until now though. I never hear what any vocal ever says properly. :)

OB313: Pascal Schäfer's 'Getting Close' from his latest on Kalk Pets has a track that has one vocal sample of 'Detroit'. Similar usage to 'Detroit: One Circle', but less ominous. It's more like a happy thing. I mention it just because I'd be loathe to assume he was trading on that usage. It's sounds to me more like he's citing an influence, and I guess that makes the thought of
pointing the finger at this other dude that much trickier (in my mind
anyway). Judge for yourselves I guess:
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF210722-01-01-02.mp3 (note: after saying all of this, it's clear to me that Juno's positioned the clip to throw 'Detroit' in your face immediately when in reality that doesn't happen until the 2 minute
mark). Somebody's making money off Detroit somewhere. ;)

Quite like the sound of that. Hmm yeah my original comment was more so we could avoid a Hawtin slagging match and is an idle comment really. In a supercheese way I quite like that Fedde Le Grand track :)

robin...