http://www.discogs.com/release/488248

So when blade runner came out (so the story goes), Vangelis was as
disappointed with the edit as Ridley Scott was, and refused to release
his soundtrack.

So they got the New American Orchestra (whoever they might be) to do
their own interpretation of the soundtrack and released that, and it was
the only legit version of the soundtrack you could get for years.

When the director's cut of Blade Runner came out, Vangelis finally
allowed his original version of the soundtrack to be released.

That's the story I heard anyway, the truth probably involves a little
less artistic integrity ;-)

Both are great releases in their own rights though.

Client Services CCSU-ISTAR
Level 27, Governor Macquarie Tower, Sydney, email
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Telephone: 61 2 9228 5501
Facsimile: 61 2 9228 4435
This email message, including any attached files, is confidential and
addressed.

The NSW Department of Commerce prohibits the right to publish, copy,
distribute or disclose any information contained in this email, or its
attachments, by any party other than the intended recipient. If you have
received this email in error please notify the sender and delete it from
your system.

No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on
behalf of the NSW Department of Commerce by email. The views or opinions
necessarily represent those of the Department, except where the sender
expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of NSW
Department of Commerce.

The NSW Department of Commerce accepts no liability for any loss or
damage arising from the use of this email and recommends that the
recipient check this email and any attached files for the presence of
viruses.

>>> Cyclone Wehner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 08/25/06 6:11 PM >>>
Wow, I want to know this too. What is the New American Orchestra one?