what a legend! whoever said he is practicing more of an art than a science,
that is so true...he is such an artist. he will do things that other mastering
places would never think to do, perhaps they'd even consider it unwise --
sometimes the results are great tho, sizzling highs and he really makes kicks
sound a very unique way imo...we cut 5 records with him, sometimes they had to
be re-cut (sometimes more than once) but especially with
crusty/less-than-perfectly recorded material, i think he works magic. we
haven't done a record with him in awhile but i can't help but imagine that we
will again eventually...we left when he was in poor health and not able to put
in his all, but hopefully he is doing well again?