Most people probably havent heard of Henry Townsend. His Wikipedia page (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Townsend_%28musician%29 ) is criminally
short. He is a relatively unknown legend of the blues (guitar and piano). As
the entry says "He was also one of the only artists known to have recorded in
every decade for the last 80 years." The artists he played with included Robert
Johnson, Tampa Red, Walter Davis, and on and on. He was a living history of the
modern record industry, he began making records in the 20's and didn't stop
until he died. My dad also played with him for many years and I am named after
him. Nobody has heard of him, you won't hear it in the news, but one of the
most legendary musicians of the 20th century died yesterday