On 10/4/06, Tristan Watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Marcellus Pitman - Come See/A Mix (Unirhythm)
>
> Very little seems to happen in this, yet somehow it's very good.
> Especially fond of the a side cut. I was going to say that I wish I knew
> how people achieved that, but I actually prefer the mystique. Quite glad
> I'm not initiated into the means of producing music sometimes. Not a very
> good explanation of the track - it's Beatdown, but you probably knew that.

I'm feeling this too. I'm sure Tom's geeking out on the tape hiss. ;) I
think I prefer his 12" on FXHE, mostly just because of Skylark, but both
12"s are definitely worth getting.

for me its all about "a mix" on this one. clanky metal sounds and
piano chords and whatnot. its been my secret weapon for 2 years. i
actually think the a side might be my least favorite malik pittman jam
though! maybe its just compared to how much i love the b side......

but yeah the general noisiness and lo-fi aspects of this record are great!

tom