I think that most distributors have always been genre/style, as it is one or two people picking the 12"s to be sold, and there personal taste have a influence on there disstions of what to bring in to distribution center for resale. I know that my time with RTD my personal taste was a big part of what we sold, and in my dealing with other distributors, I found the same to be true. Now with the closing of some bigger distributors, this does make it some what harder for the indy label to maybe move there 12"s, but it does allow for the indy label to start dealing direct with the retail outlets, as the retail outlets will have to deal with the indy labels to get there stock. In turn this will be a few more $$ in the indy label's pocket as the indy label can sale the 12", CD, etc. at a higher price, instead of the distorter getting the 20-30% mark up the indy label gets it. I think that more labels should deal direct with retail outlets as the retail outlet should try to deal more with the indy label. It come on down and back to Mom & Pa relations. Now everybody has to do there home work to get the choice products.

HB
www.vmax.net

Keep it underground & real.