You club promoters/owners actually have *margins* over there?!? ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Gil Yaker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 15 December 2006 13:58
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: (313) Berlin - Lasting club nights

Personally, I think it's amazing when a club lasts that long because

-clubs and music are fashionable and one day they're in, the next day
they're out (lol)
-clubs operate on thin margins, and those businesses are tough to
sustain
-people who fund and opperate clubs are in it usually for the
recognition
and as such aren't usually the most astute business people
-in some ways, fashionable scenes need casualties to exist

of course I have no idea how life goes on across the atlantic