i will play that track tonight in his honor and memory....

i believe he was a list member, am i right?

fab.

----- Original Message ----- From: "kent williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "list 313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 5:36 PM
Subject: (313) OT: Ryan Burns died

Ryan Burns, a DJ and lover of Detroit Techno who lived in Iowa City,
was found dead in his apartment on November 12th. I know nothing else
about the manner of his death.  Some of you may have met Ryan at DEMF
-- he roomed with Tristan and I in 2001.

His obit and discussion about him on the Iowa dance music site Ubersonic:
http://www.ubersonic.org/thread/view/id/2454

Ryan was someone who had a lot of personal problems, which don't
really bear discussing here. If you knew him, you know what I'm
talking about, and if you didn't, well, it doesn't matter.  The thing
about Ryan, though, is that there was no one I ever met who loved good
techno and house music more -- it was the one abiding passion in his
life.  He led a pretty messy, chaotic life but when you talked to him
about music he could become focused and enthusiastic. When he did,
he'd get a little grin and a faraway look in his eyes.

I know next to nothing about his family or personal life, and hadn't
spoken to him for nearly a year.  But if you want to pay respect to
him, next time you drop "Shades of Jae" -- probably his most prized
possesion and top track -- take a moment to nod your head, because if
there is a heaven, Ryan will be nodding right along with you.