That's awful news. As Kent said he has always had his share of problems, and
was at times infuriating because of them, but your love for the guy always
pulled through because of his passion for the music and his sense of humour.
He would get so geeked when we'd have an exciting guest come through town. I
can remember wandering through the pedestrian mall on a Saturday afternoon
in Iowa City, bumping into Ryan and DJ Bone, sitting on a bench having just
been in the Record Collector. That's got to be my favourite image of him -
chatting about techno with one of his heroes and getting ready to see him
play on home turf, fresh out of the record store.

It looks like a myspace obit page has been set up:
http://www.myspace.com/djryanburns. 28 years ain't enough.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk