On 1/9/07, dave cronin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
ok, i'll bite.

i totally love non-four-on-the-floor techno. per MEK's comments, it's what i
love about the more stripped down side of brokenbeat.

what are folks' favorite records in this vein?

what else?

the 2000 Black label up until about 03 was almost always on. check the
labels People, Bitasweet, etc. Domu and Seiji were always good to
check, especially domu who does alot of different stuff and is a big
lover of detroit techno and moodymann/theo/omar-s style house as well.
his diverse listening is obvious in his tunes.

i admit that good BB seems to have largely dried up for me, which is
unfortunate. i did recently pick up the Daz-I-Kue remixes of wale
ojide's "africa hot" which is a really nice broken/afro jazz type
thing. wale ojide's solo work in general is really nice, you should
check it out, its on a downtempo weird jazz tip without being corny.
this one is really nice:

http://www.discogs.com/release/263756

tom