I have jumped in and tried to stop abusive threads.  Maybe I've let
things go on longer than some people have wanted, but this isn't a
precise thing, being a list admin.  And I'm an individual with my own
prejudices.  One of them is that I'm not super receptive to "Make the
mean man go away" e-mails.

I'm not a cop, and you're all big kids.  You're going to have to put
up with a few potholes on the information superhigheway, and a few
jerkos who hog both lanes.  It's actually the only part of being on
the internets that prepares you for real life.