may i be struck with lightning if cobblestone jazz is OT.....

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nik Stoltzman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 12:51 PM
Subject: (313) [OT - kind of] Cobblestone Jazz

OK, maybe I have been sleeping on this for a long time...

Someone played me a track by Cobblestone Jazz that blew me away. I hate having to compare music, but if I had to, I'd align what I heard somewhere in between Metro Area and St Germain, but it is
definitely doing it's own thing.

I was surprised to hear that Mathew Jonson is one of the producers. I was never that impressed with his minimal stuff on M_nus but I am glad to hear he has a more 'maximal' side.

Has anyone got any recommendations on releases or similar material?