"John Sokolowski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/16/2007 05:08:51
PM:

> Let's not rush to judgment on what Paxahau is planning and not planning
> do before we get the facts.

I'm not rushing to judge them at all (well, maybe just a little).  I know
it's early still.
I also know they were supposed to make some announcement regarding line-up
yesterday.
That didn't happen.

I know last year quite a number of people were also upset with some of the
acts (myself included).
I'm aware of the lack of Detroit artists outside the Paxahau
minimal/tech-house sound that were booked.
When the line-up was announced last year I was gutted because I felt that
out of all the years that the festival has been going - 2006 was the least
representative of Detroit.
Imo, it represented Paxahau mostly. Frankly, it wasn't much different than
what gets booked in Minneapolis most of the time because there's a promoter
here that worships the ground that Paxahau walks on.  There's another
promoter that books all the rave circuit acts (Wink, Carter, Glaude, Doc
Martin, etc.).

Now I see they are doing a "Detroit" stage.  It made me wonder a bit why
they needed a "Detroit" stage when the whole festival is supposed to be a
"Detroit" stage.  It just seems weird to me.  It also makes me nervous
because of the lack of details being given and they missed their own
deadline.

I'll just leave it for now with a quote from Aaron-Carl's blog from last
year regarding the festival

> As for this DEMF festival?  I swear, somebody needs to put the ?D? back

into the DEMF.

MEK