i bought this one last week
in martin buttrich / craig / ame kinda style

http://music.rushhour.nl/store_detailed.php?item=39083

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef:

Anyone else?

robin...

My most recent purchases:

Shuya Okino - United Legends Two (Especial)
http://www.discogs.com/release/922514
Full on and really gorgeous vocal house w/singing duties going to Josh
Milan, Diviniti, Nicky Guiland, Courtney Dennie, and Vikter Duplaix.
Remixes by Phil Asher, Seiji, DJ Kawasaki, Da Lata, and Mark de Clive-Lowe.
Bought it in preparation for summer.  A great EP for the Body & Soul and
Co-Op floors.  I really like the Phil Asher and DJ Kawasaki remixes.  Mark
de Clive-Lowe's is downtempo track that just aches.
I have to find a copy of United Legends One now.  That one sold out fast.

Dimensions6 - Living In The Sunshine (Arision)
http://www.discogs.com/release/238150
Broken beats that have a nice balance of techy tweaky electronics and more
straight forward house.  The original has a nice disco bassline.  Âme's
mixes bring in the circuitry - the main mix is uptempo and the dub is more
mid to downtempo. The second track on side two is perfect for building mood
- full of ambient nature jungle sounds (birds, crickets, dubby effects), a
constant kick drum thump, female vocal chants,  a stripped down lead
keyboard, and just a bit of building percussion.

Daz-I-Kue - Rokstone (Soon Come) (Bittasweet)
http://www.discogs.com/release/462945
A broken beat classic.  Red Astaire on vocals, really nice samba style
percussion, beautiful string arrangement, and a sinking bassline to move da
butt.
The Boulder Dub is toughened up but still retains elegance.  The Bugz remix
is typical Bugz goodness and there's an accapella track too.  More
accapellas please!

Bellcrash - Full Of Music (Sunshine Enterprise)
http://www.discogs.com/release/349814
Real dancefloor jazz breakbeats.  Wicked stuff.  Saxophones, B3 organs,
bits of spoken word, and tons of energy.  How anyone could stand still
while this is playing is beyond me.

Politik, The / I.N.T. - Dopeness Galore presents: "The Timeless
Interpretations II" (Dopeness Galore)
http://www.discogs.com/release/860403
All downtempo stuff.  The Politik's (Bémbé Ségué & Mark De Clive-Lowe)
"HIgh Priestess" is jazzy flute led hip-hop/soul with layered samples of
either wooden or shell windchimes in the background.  It's another summery
track just waiting for open windows and the stereo cranked.  I.N.T.'s track
is one of those perfect twilight tunes - hip-hop beat with a dubbed out
trumpet and vocals just repeating "What'cha gonna do?"

Gerardo Frisina - Saeta (Schema)
http://www.discogs.com/release/186049
Ooooh, Latin Latin Latin - looped piano, clavé, shakers, hand drums all
sound like they were recorded in a school gymnasium (which doesn't sound
like it would work but it does), then breaks in the full drum rhythm.  And
it just continues on from there.  The part two on the flip starts with
everything kicking in earlier - and the piano loop is added onto by a lead
piano.  Hmmm, nice.

Various - Cool, Calm & Collective (4 Lux)
http://www.discogs.com/release/280112
Usual 4 Lux stuff - broken beats, downtempo, one sort of tech-house tune
that was the only dissappointment on an otherwise fine complilation.
Another one in my attempt to fill in some releases of their discog.

Cherie Mathieson / Cousin Cockroach - The Good Good 3 Sampler Vol. 2 (2000
Black)
http://www.discogs.com/release/651657
It's 2000 Black - it's broken beat.  Whaddya expect?  Not a bad sampler.
The Cousin Cockroach is basically a long DJ tool but a nice one.  Cherie
Mathieson's is the better track and includes both vocal and instrumental
versions.

These are some I'm waiting to get these from Rush Hour but they're being
stupid with another list member's order that I went in on:

New World Aquarium - Twenty (Delsin)
Redshape - Alone on Mars? (Present Music)
Paul's Machine - Visuals (Ourmachine Records)

Also found a great deal of good used funk, soul & jazz records lately - the
Dells, Ramsey Lewis, and Johnny "Guitar" Watson to name just a few

MEK