Never mind Jeffrey it gives me the opportunity to say I have played it out  ;-)
Actually although I never commented at the time of Greg's mail (too busy
actually working, those that know me will laugh when I say
I'm getting a PC at home SOON but I assure it's actually happening) I wondered
in what sort of alternate universe these tracks
weren't played out.  I suppose The Beginning is the least likely to be heard
but I've heard it played out occasionally, I've heard
it this year - in Brazil! (OK it was a list member that played it).  Erotic
City is one of many Prince tracks that's a staple in the
trendy discos here in Manchester.  And as for Altered States.......not played
out?  What sort of strange and nightmarish world would
it be where you didn't hear that from time to time? (best clubbing memory of
recent times = dancing in front of one of the rather
large speaker stacks in Berghain while Altered States just seemed to thunder on
and on).