[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Actually although I never commented at the time of Greg's mail
(too busy actually working, those that know me will laugh when I say
I'm getting a PC at home SOON but I assure it's actually happening) I
wondered in what sort of alternate universe these tracks weren't played out.
I suppose The Beginning is the least likely to be heard but I've heard it
played out occasionally, I've heard it this year - in Brazil!  (OK it was
a list member that played it).  Erotic City is one of many Prince tracks
that's a staple in the trendy discos here in Manchester.  And as for
Altered States.......not played out?  What sort of strange and nightmarish
world would it be where you didn't hear that from time to time?
(best clubbing memory of recent times = dancing in front of one of the rather
large speaker stacks in Berghain while Altered States just seemed to thunder on
and on).

--- Greg Earle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

nice sprinkling of classics ("Erotic City", "Altered States", "The
Beginning" - which I've *never* heard anyone play out before

Maybe it wasn't obvious from the context (or Francis was drunk ;) ),
but I was only referring to "The Beginning" - I've obviously heard
"Erotic City" and "Altered States" played out loads of times.

        - Greg

P.S. This has f&ck-all to do with (313) but I have to say that
     "Someone Great" on the new LCD Soundsystem album might well
     be the most beautiful track I've heard this entire decade.