>No offense to BBC, which is
great in it's own way, but in public radio terms, BBC World Service is
the programming equivalent of a dial tone.

No offence taken, but it's still patent nonsense you're chatting Kent!
What do you want, Rush Limbaugh? No, we have views and an attempt at
partiality (which we remember) and people are prepared to lose their
jobs trying to defend that in that clumsy and chaotic way which is
inevitable.

Also, do compare like with like, WS is inevitably mostly news/talk -
although there are still some excellent music shows. The Charlie Gillett
show is just about one of the only shows I deliberately dig out of the
archives to listen to every week. It's amongst the best music shows I've
ever encountered.

Still, I accept we also do still have real public funding too (the
'license fee.')

Ken