Thor Teague <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I need to know a good tool to remove (as best
as possible) background noise from some crappy field audio.

Cedar makes some high-end audio tools. They have Cedar Tools for Pro
Tools for example, and then some hardware gear. I think they had some
"intelligent" technology specifically designed to fix field audio
problems.

http://www.cedaraudio.com/

Algorithmics has some too:

http://www.algorithmix.com/en/pro_products.htm

Then there's Cube tec for Pro Tools:

http://www.cube-tec.com/audiocube/index.html

Sony Oxford plugins:

http://www.sonyoxford.co.uk/pub/plugins/home.htm

TC Electronics has some optional denoise plugins:

http://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=4007

-Of course if the recording is very bad quality, there's only so much
you can do with it. Final Cut Studio's new Soundtrack Pro 2 had an
"audio stamp" thing, that allows you to copy a sound "quality" from a
recording, and then paste it to some other recording. However, I don't
think that'll fix audio that has very obvious problems..

-Proffit