geez Kent, get it together :P

It's on topic if we're allowed to do the kevin bacon/6 degrees of seperation on
it -- mg & environ still have 313 creeping thru in their sound and should have
lifetime 313-relativity membership since mg was the 1st/2nd 313 subscriber
right? and they did the jersey devil social club sendoff...of course i guess if
we can play kevin bacon with things, everything is on-topic.

I think it's a great album personally, altho I haven't listened to it much yet.
It sounds just like their old stuff, but i think the modern production is worn
on it's sleeve, it's much too well-recorded and clean and full to not have been
recorded digitally, and their old stuff was well before digital and sounded
really musty and dusty by comparison. i actually still prefer the musty sound,
but no biggie.

ps shake rules. he's got the style. he brings a personality to
techno/electronic music that there is not nearly enough of. no offense to
derrick and juan and a lot of other big name techno dj's, but they're so hip
and "techno" and sht behind the decks. shake is all talking crap at the crowd,
the records, himself, singing along, and he just has the touch. he's a dj you
don't feel like an idiot for keeping your eyes on rather than turning around
and just dancing to. i will always remember his LIVE set at demf 1/2, played
just off a k2000 i think, man it was soooo good, i remember how he'd
occasionally play little riffs on the keys and how captivating it was even tho
he was just sitting there..and also when he dj'd at the very first dL party in
dallas, which was an almost flawless set, and when there were hiccups he pulled
it off like claude young, fixed it in the mix, and made it even more
entertaining and impressive in the process. and then he stayed up on stage
after he was done and the night was over for another 30 minutes or so, shooting
the sht with the whole audience all at once, it was special. it didn't hurt
that convextion played live for the first time at that party, and plastic
sleeves played too, and fbk from 21/22 banged it out too, he was helping shake
out on that trip. legendary night for me..

i understand if anthony technoir was disappointed with anthony shake this time,
but i bet shake appreciates the candor and is even harder on himself. he's
capable of stunning things and i think he's secure in his abilities so no need
to go easy on him, right? he is/was/remains the man.

pps yo toby and robin and kamal and all my other 313 friends i am not keeping
in good contact with..and yo shake!