>because someone else who really does it should, rod lee, technics,
>etc. ive been down with the club music for a long minute now, i never
>heard of them until suddenly it started getting hyped up by other
>white deejays.

damm why is everybody so defensive today? i don't care how long you've been
down with it, i just didn't think it was your style.

i have never heard of rod lee, i'm curious...if spank and ayres are biting his
style that is unfortunate they are getting all the attention. i get what you
mean now. i don't know about the politics, i have just been using my ears. but
ayres doesn't pretend to be anything he's not, his bio lays out his history,
learning to mix in college dorm rooms and playing in brooklyn dives, and he
even gives props to darshan from metro area and jamie hodge (born under a
rhyming planet) in his bio...

y'know, none of my black friends seem to care that spank rock are 1/2 white...i
guess their stuff is kinda stupid/trashy so you need a sense of humor and good
taste in bad taste or something like that...

>the vans track is ill, what else have they done?

lots. look for lil uno's and boo ski's solo stuff too..."uno" by lil uno is
like doug e fresh 1986 except from the bay 2007, same instrumentation, massive
reverbed 808 beats

>im usually chilling more than i am anything else, so the jazzy stuff
>is usually my favorite. in general, ive been digging for jazz a whole
>lot more recently, and listening to jazz influenced hiphop a TON, and
>sample based hiphop in general a whole lot. Large Professor deejayed
>in pittsburgh the other night, he was awesome, ive been feeling that
>vibe of stuff alot more than most dance music stuff recently.

i'm chilling too. i get tired of jazzy sounds in hiphop. i like jazz tho,
especially rudy johnson and blackjazz stuff lately. it is just so played out
and familiar in hiphop, there's not much imagination in that sound left..with
some exceptions...i really wanted to like the new lifesavas but nahhh. it's all
good background music i guess, but so is lots of music. maybe i'll come back
around to it now that it's summer

>maybe its what you mean when you say "music much more on the deep
>side". in general im not about music thats only about partying. i like
>soul music you can party to, thats what im all about. ill check that
>side project thing as well.

mostly that's what i'm about too..i mean very little music really strikes a
perfect balance for me, upfront and deep at the same time, it's usually tilted
one way or the other. but i like all sorts of music, and hot summertime nights
in nc demand party music SOMEtimes.