It was a jokey rant, wasn't meant to be taken seriously I believe Kent...

On 1 Aug 2007, at 15:07, kent williams wrote:

It's not like I know the man well, but when he played Iowa City, I
interviewed him and hung out a bit with him and Clark & Dale.  He
seemed like a nice enough guy, serious about his music, not the
monster people make him out to be.

I have a hard time separate out the reflexive hating on him for being
successful from any serious critique of what he does.  I like some of
his old tracks quite a bit, but the whole minimal style as it has
evolved isn't my thing.  But  at a certain point, hating on Richie is
as cliche' as fawning on him.