Does anyone know where underground dance music of any kind can be heard between Aug. 24 - Sept. 3? As usual, if I were going to be in the D on these weekends I wouldn't even know what to do with myself there's so much happening. This makes me think I'm not looking in the right places for my info.

Is there anything like dluv or rhythmism.com site for Balt/DC?

I've been checking fusicology.com -- it covers more genres of underground music than dluv -- but few goings on in Balt/DC.

There's no question in my mind that Detroit's the hippest city on the planet ;-) but there's got to be some soul out there in the nation's capitol or B-town one.

OK, before I send off this obnoxious email, I wanted to point out some cool pics from the 2nd annual house music picnic on Belle Isle a couple weeks back -- look at detroitfashionpages.com under the (not so politically correct) title "you've been shot."

My reflections on the picnic were pretty much the same as those on the submerge site and Aaron Carl's blog. I don't think it will supplant the DEMF any time soon but it certainly was a great experience and we sure could use a lot more events like this to keep us sane around here.

Peace.

Scott Ellis