While it's a bit of a stretch (I'm sure Detroit artists played
at the Haçienda, though), I wanted to post something about Tony Wilson.

This man and Factory Records had a huge impact on my early adult life
at the end of the 70's and into the early 80's (I own a good large
percentage of all the early Factory releases, even the obscure
ones like Crispy Ambulance, X-O-Dus and the like), and for that as
well as bringing me the greatest music I've ever heard (Joy Division),
I owe him a debt of gratitude which I can never repay.

With that, I'd like to publically thank (313)'s Robin Pinning,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and Bond ... Alex Bond for taking the
time to spend 8 hours with me in Manchester a year ago, showing me
all around the centre of the city ("where all roads meet, waiting
for you") and to the old Haçienda location as well as the old
Factory offices.  It was a really emotional experience for me to
finally make a pilgrimage to the place responsible for so much of
the music I held dear.  And Tony Wilson is in large part responsible
for my having made that trek.  My thoughts are with Yvette and all
the Factory fans around the world.  "Mr. Manchester" indeed.

R.I.P. Tony.

        - Greg