--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I believe Jeff Mills is a true visionary. This man
> is a philosopher. Try
> reading some in-depth interviews with the man to
> (try to) understand what is
> going on in his head. About two years ago I read a
> super-long,
> super-in-depht interview with Jeff in Magic Feet. It
> only made me respect
> the man even more. Everybody has his/her feelings
> about music. Wouldn't it
> just suck really hard if everybody liked the same?
>
> John

I s'pose diversity and originality are a very
important factor, but it isn't an excuse to release
parp. I'm not talking about Jeff Mills now. I wouldn't
go as far as saying his stuff was parp (I love that
word:).

I mean, I buy all of his stuff and it's intelligent
music... beyond my dancefloor orientated
comprehension, but it's interesting to listen to which
is where I get the enjoyment value...

There is a common factor in all good music though.
Everyone knows a good quality tune. Occasionally
something in the top 40 is really good and has fought
it's way out from the underground to greater
recognition. Not like most of the processed rubbish
that's there... now THAT'S parp...;) I mean Jaguar is
a good example, it's got a load of recognition because
of it's cross-scene appeal. The production is a bit
rough here and there but well thought out and works in
many a dj's set. Paradoxically, it is very simple.

Maybe you are right in what you say though. What we
percieve as art may not always be enjoyable. Some
people like Iron Maiden, however. Art? Mind expansion?
Trash? Why don't you go and buy an Iron Maiden CD...
is it beyond your simple mind? Claude Young... I
prefer him to Mills, at least for the time...

Dj Pacific:)

--- Joseph Ross Lynn IV <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>