ooops, that would have been thanksgiving 1998.  my bad!!!

Awww, shucks, anybody can do that. It's so easy I don't even do it anymore.

hmmm, actually the image that i have forever imprinted in my mind whenever i
think of alan djing is from "energize" in dc thanksgiving '99:

beats booming through the dc armory... kids going nuts... kenny glasgow and
i doing the toronto tech-step, side-by-side, grinning at each other through
the sweat...

and alan - eyes closed, head back, arms spread - just feeling the music.

the crowd was right there with him, it was an amazing moment.  wish i knew
what track it was.