OK I actually got off my ass and checked, and it was UR 47 (Vintage Future)
that I was thinking of and it was Mark Taylor not Marc Floyd. That makes more
sense.

Oh, yeah, Mark Taylor! Now THAT'S a diverse cat! Anybody remember Mark Morrison? Check the credits for Taylor's work. In fact, he's done a lot of tracks for British R&B folks in addition to his electro and bass tracks, amongst other stylings. Hell, if we're talking about Marks, anyone remember Marc Pharaoh? Donnie Marks? In fact, I'm thinking about starting a "Michigan Marks" webpage.