Nick:
> Every time I've ordered stuff from the US, I get a hefty COD fee on it's
> arrival here in the UK. The invoice says that this is for VAT and customs
> charges - is this normal?

Yes - the only way to avoid it is for the sender to fill in the
customs form saying it's free promotional merchandise with zero
commercial value - it's the same with sending stuff from here to the
US. I think there may be a limit below which no duty is charged, but
I'm not sure what it is if this is the case. Certainly when I've
ordered from Submerge in the past I've been stung on delivery...

> If so - how come I don't get charged when I order stuff from Germany?

Because Germany's in Europe - you don't have to pay import duty. CF
urban fox's recent post about the rip-off pricing of European imports.
Free trade and all that...

> I'll already have paid P&P to the store on my card, so what does that cover?

Basically the cost of the packaging and the store's postage costs...

::::::::: headspace recordings :::::::::
: http://www.headspacerecordings.co.uk :
::: e: [EMAIL PROTECTED] :::