Speak of the devil....its already startin'. The Humanoid Robot: ASIMO http://world.honda.com/ASIMO/

Glyph

xx xx wrote:

The picture of changes:
The art of the demonstration
The time of untruth and the space of events
Idea of the name and the unconscious of personality
System of the body and the energy of age
Quality of air and the ignorance of order
Process of work and the logic of the number
Profession of force and error and mistake
Feeling of reality and the habit of communication
Closeness of the poles and the image of the archetype
Shape of the line and the imprecision of drawing
Type of the screen black-white and colour
Background of presentation and the repetition of the presentation
Abnormality of voice and the script of sound
Essence of language and the skill of speaking
Point of motion and the genesis of folklore
Theory of origin and the origin of theory
Cause of effect and the abstraction of the abstract

Admirers of the human brain were disappointed when for the first time a computer beat a human (chess champion Gary Kasparov). But the large and powerful machine can do nothing else - it's programmed to examine millions of possible moves methodically and at great speed, calculating without any 'feeling' for what might be good or exciting. Even the smartest of today's computers are pretty dumb. The machine, the program, explores all the options, all of them exhaustively, without any insight, and then picks the one that's best in that investigation, computers have not yet to demonstrate true artificial intelligence.

This experiment will show you have a far superior brain to a computer. All you need is a bag of coloured sweets (such as M & Ms), some coloured pens and pencils, and some coloured beads. Spread all these things out a table so they're mixed into a big pile. Now, pick out all the green objects, followed by red, blue and so on. Then sort the piles into different objects. Pretty easy, wasn't it? If you've got a very young brother or sister who's only three years old, they'd probably be able to do it, too. But the most sophisticated computers have trouble completing this task. There are so many requirements that need to be explained for visual recognition to work with artificial intelligence.

Technology affects the way we think about everything from the environment and nuclear weapons to ethnicity, working conditions and immigration, It’s a cultural and historical framework that has profoundly shaped how we live and think of ourselves, our notions of right and wrong, what’s possible and impossible. It affects us in ways we can’t even begin to articulate.

I think that when computers manage to make social interaction with humans, they would be like a super pet. That would be one thing that would be very exciting.

who really counts more nowadays THE MAN or THE MACHINE????????????

To answer that unless a machine thinks: THE MAN, or rather HUMAN.

And no, we have no technology in my country but we still make some gorgeous ART, that people still envies us 'till today.