On Wednesday, November 28, 2001, at 05:27 PM, Altitude wrote:

On a side note, Hamtramck is WAY
sketchy so if you are going to park far from the club do yourself a favor and dont walk alone, it seems that anytime anything happens within 15 blocks
of the motor the club is blamed for it.

I can second that. I've only been to Motor once for the Epoch party on NYE 2000, but that certainly was an experience (and not just because of the party).

Catching a cab late at night in Hamtramck is near impossible. A bunch of us had to wait in the convenience store at the gas station there for almost 2 hours for a cab (at 4am). In addition, the gas station attendants said they had to lock the doors and turn off all the lights earlier that night because someone had fired a gunshot at the store. Even the cab we caught was sketchy (the cab driver was racist and didn't seem to notice red lights too well, someone had puked or _something_ in the back seat, and the wheel alignment on the cab was so out of whack that the driver had to keep the steering wheel turned 90 degrees in order to drive straight... no joke).