Giles...you read my mind!!!!!!! I stil CANNOT fathom why ALLLL the fabulous Blaze tracks from "Funky People" to "Another Dae" to Can You Dance to My Beat and on and on.......allllll song based house compositions COULD NOT, WOULD NOT be considered commerically viable in America.......they MUST be black and independently based, eh?

No one can tell me that there haven't been innumerable house anthems to follow up Good Life and Big Fun that could've garnered a fat label deal (providing the artist didn't want to sign to a major as an artist) or artist deal....and sold millions. Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know y'all willl ;) but isn't the CD buying public predominated by females???? I've not met toooo many girls/women WHO don't like to dance, hence Brittany's, N-Sync's, ad nauseam's success--the LCD versions, of course.

Janet Jackson gripped hip-house rhythms and will continue (I think) to put out dance singles with each and every new project...that has been the route of her success and charting.

Why hasn't Blaze been doggedly pursued to produce summa her sh*t?????? I think dose boyz are simply ab-fab from bof an undaground and commercial perspective.......and guess what...their sound/style is unique. Who woulda thunk??

From: "Giles Dickerson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313@Hyperreal.Org (E-mail)" <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: [313] House / techno popularity
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 13:49:57 -0500

Incidentally, I always had a personal fantasy about Blaze becoming R+B hits, with guest vocalists like Mary J Blige. I still think it could happen.

"Sajaeda had a little lamb, it's fleece as white as snow, and ever where Sajaeda went the lamb was sure to go"

- Giles

D I G I T A S // B O S T O N
--
Giles Dickerson