This is exactly correct, how it should be, but how can "we" go about
doing this?  As for me, I am clueless when it comes to altering
corporate business into a democratic manner.  There are alternate ways
to go about doing this, besides what Derrick May is doing.

>>> "laura gavoor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/11/02 14:58 PM >>>  She
should, however, further engage a committee of the same types to approve

business plans in a like democratic manner to keep us actively involved.

This has always been my premise and concern.  Carol should remain at the

helm, as she 'actualized' this festival--more or less.  But without
engaging
any of us in the business and marketing of the festival, disrespect will

always loom ahead and be INHERENT from our simple lack of
input/presence.>>>>