From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 9:45 AM
Subject: [313] Re: UR on Kiss FM

> Well I played on Kiss FM in January on Dave Mothersole's show and spun an
hour of techno, a set that included stuff likle the Dimension 5 EP on
Delsin, Carl Craig's 'From Beyond' and loads of other proper techno. Saying
that though, I've not been invited back :)

> On the subject of the UR interview on Kiss, I remember that show well, it
was the week before the Interstellar Fugitives party and Colin had the whole
crew in the studio (I think Dave Clarke asked a few questions as well). He
interviewed JD, Rolando, Larry Burden and Mad Mike himself and then Rolando
did a 40 minute mix. Its a shame that the show moved to Groovetech and that
Colin has started playing more techy house stuff on the whole as this was a
real defining show in its heyday. He had people on the show like, Damon
Wild, K-Alexi, Kevin Saunderson, Luke Slater, pretty much every week he had
a top techno guy on. The show was always split in to the first half which
was the Abstrakt Dance hour, where he played more dancable techno and then
the outer limits hour where he played a mixture of deeper, ambient music. So
innovative, I guess it was never gonna last. Also remember this was the
station that also had Colin Favor playing techno every week, those were the
days.