What's kind of sad about all
the 80s electronic pop stuff (except for the first batch of releases in
this vein and Felix and Miss Kittin's) is that after the fad has >thoroughly been explore will anyone want to hear this stuff or will it >sound very dated - like "oh that is so 80s revival from 2001-02"?

i agree totally. The thing that bothers me about all this electro just blowing up right now is that it *is* just a fad. *sigh* i just don't know. I don't mind dj's bringing in some of the older stuff into their sets, but now everybody and their brother is moving to produce electro tracks. In all honesty, i have to agree with richie on this one; as much fun as it is to explore older ideas, they are still just older ideas. we're practically digging up a rotting dead horse for one last kick in the nuts. I'm still looking to see what's next.