When I've seen Q-Burns live his stage presence was very good - he was
extremely busy working loads of instruments and bopping along to his groove
at the same time. I think he even look up at the audience on occasion.

MEK

                      Kent williams

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        To:       Peter Leidy <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                                               cc:       313@hyperreal.org

                      03/16/02 02:31 PM        Subject:  Re: [313] live vs. dj/
electropop

It's always easier to get people involved in a live set if there's a
vocalist.
I find that even some banter on the mic can help draw people in.

As for stage presence, when you talk about other genres -- jazz comes to
mind
-- someone like Diane Krall is a bigger draw than an all instrumental
group.
The communication is up front and direct, coming from the human voice.

You have to work harder to connect with an audience if there's no vocal
presence.  It's not that it can't be done, it's that you have to work at
it.

And the stage presence isn't always that important.  Fred Giannelli had
people hooting and hollering, even though his stage persona is of a statue
wearing a miner's lamp ;-)