Akufen from Montreal is definately one of the most interesting artists i've heard in a while. He sort of fits your description, so check out some of his stuff on Perlon, Background, Trapez, A Touch of Class, Hautec, and the list goes on and on...

I've got an ep on Trapez alright which is excellent...can't remember the artists name though (Silikome or something like that)....I must say I do find a lot of the minimal stuff really boring...when it's good it's really great though.

Hans

--
Hans Veneman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]