I found this a bit grating after a while. Not that the book's bad or anything, but no matter how tenuous the connection it starts every review along the lines of "Whilst Derek May, Kevin Saunderson and Juan atkins were developing the cold machine stylings of their native detroit --insert european name here-- was being influenced by the countryside which surrounded his home town of --somewhere nordic / dutch / german--"

-s

One of the best sources I know of isĀ  "Techno : The rough Guide" by Tim
Barr. Every third page features either a Detroit techno artist or a
reference to Detroit techno.