> Neil Wallace:
> >Ive always avoided this book as ive seen kodwo on a few music
> >documentaries and he always seems to be completely up his own a$$

I attended a guest lecture by Kodwo last year at the Art Institute of
Chicago. The lecture focused specifically on Herbert's "Bodily Functions,"
the Matmos Liposuction album, and Bjork's latest work - he used these to
represent the newest incarnation of sample based music and how the role of
samples in music has undergone functional and conceptual rediscovery over
the years with the changing technologies.

All this said, I've always looked at Kodwo as an Art Historian who has
good taste in music - and as such, he does usually spew a lot of sh!t that
is irrelelvant to the music just to reassure him of his own intelligence
(no offense to art historians on the list). But on the other hand, at
least he is spreading interest in good music- he reaches an audience that
would not necessarily be embracing electronic music were it not for the
intellectual discussions that he brings to the table.

peace,