seth redmond wrote:
OK, not learning my lesson the first time; the Mac Vs PC of the DJ world...

for those people who mix using a combination of pitch and mere digits (but touch their records enough to make pitch-only near impossible), and who have used them for an extended period of time; do the vestax cause any significant problems due to the fact that they don't slow down much when touched (i.e. 'cause you can't use the edge of the plate / spindle)?

Again I don't know exactly how the new decks feel but I have no problem with the old vestax, I use spindle and plate edge *and* pitch. All works fine. Pitch controlling with vesax is easier, pitch fader is quite resistant and has a real fluid motion.

The only problem with touching the plate edge is the little dimples

http://www.vestax.co.uk/flash/2002/turntablesPDX2000.htm

You touch it and the record slows down with a 'wobbly' sound, technics have the little circles which makes for a much smoother slow down.

Hope this helps

--
Mike