Had a play along time ago on a set of gold-plated Technics. The shop keeper
wasn't too happy when I put 5-pence pieces on the back of the carts tho.

I think they were something to do with their anniversary (mid-90's).

Dscaper
----------
Aeonflux Radio - http://www.aeonflux.co.uk
"A man who know's what he knows, and knows what he doesn't know, is the sign
of a man who knows."

ingham%20Analogue-
NOT/9150CMNOT.htm

Besides, the 1200 rumble adds the distinctive je-ne-sais-quoi to a
really good bassline playing on a Really Big Sound System.

I've seen 1200s that ran daily for 10 years without a hitch, although
you can tell the pitch controls are reeeeal loose!  I've seen them
indoors in all kinds of situations including on stages that bounced
like trampolines, outdoors on the beach and in the hills, and they are
almost if not quite indestructible.

I've seen DJs do all kinds of crazy things with 1200s, not just
backspins, platter twists and what have you.  Not even Rotator plumbed
the depths of what a 1200 can do.  If you watch enough DJs over the years,
you'll be surprised at how many different ways there are to play.  There
is great versatility built into its somewhat simple and otherwise
nondescript design.

I'm not always a believer in the "standard equipment" in a given field.
I use the Opera browser instead of Internet Explorer, and have never worn
a pair of Nike shoes even though Portland where I live is "Niketown."

But the 1200 deserves its place as *the* standard DJ turntable.

Fred