> the 313 list is all about Detroit/detroit music and
> things that can be related to detroit and detroit
> music. (and not just detroit *techno* as some
> might think, but detroit *music*).

Umm, no, this list is strictly about Detroit techno
with an strong emphasis on the artists themselves.
The initial email sent out to all new subscribers
states clearly "313 - The Detroit Techno Mailing
List."  Discussions about The Supremes, Eminem,
or Rodney Whitaker are better left to other forums.

That said I have little desire to actually pin down
the label to the end result hence the door always
remains somewhat open for those artists who
happen to inhabit orthogonal niches in the electronic
music spectrum.

 - George