> i read a VERY interesting brief interview with Jeff Mills
> in an obscure magazine (i forgot the name). In the
> interview he states that his reasons behind why "From
> the 21st" is a Japan-only release are intentional. Jeff
> explains that he thinks different cultures and nations
> need a chance to grow and develop a place in the
> global market of music development.

Sounds pretty weak to me.  How does releasing a
CD via part of a huge multi-national corporation do
anything to help grow underdeveloped and/or
unrecognized international music?  Last time I
checked Sony Japan is still, umm, Sony.

Can you transcribe the interview or parts of it?

> He is also embarking on some mega-"future"
> tour all over Japan.

I'm curious as to how many Japanese artists he will
be featuring on this tour.  I also may have reason to
be in Japan next year (for what I suspect is the same
reason he is there for - money), anyone have more
details?

 - George