I have survived Paris, and the flight home!

Highlights of the trip:

1. Working. A lot. You don't want to know. On the bright side, they fed me
at the Dassault Systemes cafeteria very well...French cooking really is all
that,
once you get used to chewing tougher beef that's raw in the middle ;-)

2. Wine. Omigod.  The 20 franc bottle of french wine kicks major ass over the
$10 bottles you get here.  They don't export the REALLY good stuff.

3. Merguez Frite. Take a nice crusty french bun, add Merguez (kind of like a
Slim Jim, only really spicy and good), a bunch of french fries, mayonnaise and
mustard, and you have the premiere gutbomb a la Francais.  Extra points if they
deep fry the sausage and the fries together.

4. Pure Science live at the Rex. Used to wimpy 40 minute sets from a laptop in
the US? This brit went mental for 2.5 hours with very catchy tech house. At one
point he was rolling a joint and switching patterns on his MPC at the same time.
I would love to find out more information about Pure Science.

5. Jeff Mills/Carl Cox/Sven Vath/Richie Hawtin at the Zenith.  An opportunity to
see Mills spin was a dream come true.  And the boy delivers!  Lots of ink has
been spilled on Jeff as a DJ, and he is all that. What really impressed me is
the steady booty dance he does when he's spinning. The top half of him is a blur
of motion, and the bottom half is jacking full time, seemingly independent.

6. Meeting and hanging out briefly with Elodie Cousin, who is a very nice young
woman, and her friend the other Elodie (DJ Laura Palmer).  It is so nice to be
in a foreign city and having at least a few folks willing to show you the ropes
Merci plus bien Elodie! I tried to explain the english expression "twist your
arm"
to her and didn't get very far, but maybe it will catch on in Paris ;-)

7.  Meeting and hanging with Chris O'Grady, who was a Motor DJ before moving to
Paris a few weeks ago. I sorted him out for music software, so the boy is on
the case
making tracks.  He and Emmanuelle gave me the grand tour of the Bastille and
beyond...

8. The courtyard of the Louvre at night when it's lit up and the chamber groups
are
playing.  Magnificent.

9. Meeting some label folks -- Goodlife Records from Grenoble have some very
tasty
tracks.  I met some others but don't have all my business cards here to list
them all.

kent williams -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]