Andy Kellman wrote:

Delurk,

How much of a difference is there between micro house and tech house? I'm
trying to figure that one out. Is there a difference at all? I'm assuming tech
is a little less home listening than micro. Am I embarrassing myself by asking?
Probably. Oh well.

Tech-house to me is loungy and atmospheric, but yet dancable; swing-skippity beat, with a little funk...sorta like "Weekend"(forgot the artist name) but its on Neuton.

Memory's fuzzy, but I think Mike Rubin called most of the sources used by
Richie Hawtin on the new mix 'deep burble'. That's one of the better ones I've
heard; it seems to apply to a lot of it, whatever it is.

Two words on Richie's DE9....Studio One. Anyway, the name game is giving me the creeps. Received yesterday for the first time, something new from a artist on Axis/Tomorrow that is not Jeff Mills! A 3 track CD by Petar Dundov of noise and soundscapes. Sounds like it can be used in a episode of Investigative Reports on A&E. Pretty neat and interesting.

G.

I second the Kompakt notion -- the worst of that label, from what I've heard,
is merely good. They keep getting better and more diverse. They certainly
aren't painting themselves into a corner with one sound, are they? And is it
just me, or does Total 3 have more than a smidge of Detroit in it?

Force Tracks -- there's another label with some quality control. Hypercity is
one of my favorites of the year thus far, not a boring second to be heard.
(Sorry, that sounded like Larry King.)

Andy