La La Land reminds me of Flash in the way that the naration is more documentary... like he's just an observer of the going's on around him and he's making comments along the way. Velvet always come across as quite detached in his lyrical delivery.

MEK

From: "Cyclone Wehner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313 Detroit <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: Re: [313] Gettin' Wiggy Wit' It
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 04:27:24 +1000

Actually it was spelt "tekno punk" in Jockey Slut. That may make a
difference. Funny you should mention Felix! Those albums pretty much would
have been recorded at the same time.

I am not sure if La La Land is actually sensationalising drug use, it's much
more ambiguous, to my ears. It mixes well with Purple Pills though.