Yes, I must agree. The broken beat stuff is really where some of the best jazz leaning sounds are coming from. Seiji (in all of his guises), Nubain Mindz, Mustang, and on and on. Still trying to get my head around the Nubian Mindz full length. Also, as a added bonus, it never fails to attract a crowd around the decks to see what you're playing.
Awesome stuff.

MEK

From: Dan Sicko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Ian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "'313'" <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: Re: [313] techno/jazz
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:26:39 -0400

Mark's stuff and on the other side of the world, the West
London/Broken Beat stuff are the most promising jazz/electronic
hotbeds to me.

If we're still talking "techno" and jazz, has anybody mentioned Jamie
Hodge (Born Under a Rhyming Planet)?

He'd probably argue that there isn't a lot of common ground between
them, but in my opinion, Jamie managed to find some.

-d